Monday, June 29, 2009

Francis Tucker

I've been out of touch with everyone regarding genealogy for the past few weeks, and I apologize. Recent events have pulled me back in though. Last Friday I went to Los Angeles to look up a death certificate for Francis Marion Tucker and successfully found what I was searching for. After months of searching, digging, and emailing various people, I finally found names for the parents of Francis Marion Tucker and his older brother, James Monroe Tucker. According to this certificate, the names are Jesse Tucker and Elizabeth Lawrence. Next step is to find out who these people were, where and when they were born, and then to continue up the line.

"GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." ~ Ambrose Bierce

No comments:

Post a Comment